Day 7 – “Healthy Living” Tip
How to Find and Make A PowerAging Soup!
Watch This Video (6:13 minutes). Then Read This Message!
***Soups are fabulous to control weight and get valuable nutrients, yet still feel full!…
Water/fluid dilutes calories but provides bulk that helps keep you full.
If you are on the road just make sure your soup doesn’t have cream, cheese (dairy products) or salt added to it if possible.
A simple vegetable and bean soup or minestrone soup. Or, soups at Asian restaurants are generally fine.
Another thing you can do when traveling is get some “McDougall Right Foods” soups. Google “McDougall Right Foods” and order online from Amazon, or you will find them in the food and health sections of even large pharmacy chains as well as Whole Foods Markets, Coops, and some health food stores.
John McDougall, MD is an internist who has live-in programs (Santa Rosa, California) where people begin reversing heart disease, diabetes, obesity with his plant-based approach.
So adding some hot water found in any hotel room coffee machine to a cup of dried soup mix is a great way to have a quick, healthful soup in a couple of minutes that won’t damage your waist at any time of the day! The soups will help keep you from snacking on “garbage” high calorie foods.
Now if you are at home making a really tasty soup is a snap if you have organic low sodium vegetable broth available – keep 6-8 quarts in your cupboards.
SUPER FAST SOUP RECIPE:
* 1 quart vegetable broth.
* 1 quart water (if you want a stronger broth taste then add another quart of vegetable broth instead of water).
* Chop 3-5 vegetables left from your refrigerator…any veggies and put them in pot!
* Pour in ½-1 cup beans.
* Add another 1-2 cups of water if looks not liquidy enough.
* Simmer for 10-15 minutes with any herbs except salt (dill, basil, garlic and onion powder, turmeric, cumin, lemon juice, general seasoning, pepper, chili powder, etc…)
* If desired, in the last 5-10 minutes throw in 1 big handful of “pre-cooked” brown rice, quinoa or barely.
Serve as is or blend it to make it smooth.
Enjoy your awesome meal!
Be Sure to Watch Today’s Video Above!
Watch my other video on how to make an awesome bean soup!
Day 7 – “No Brainer” Super Fast Power Soup
Be and Stay Well!