Day 2 – “Healthy Living” Tip
Take the “No Dairy” 21 Day Challenge
Watch This Video (3:28 minutes). Then Read This Message!
***Get off all the dairy products for at least the next 21 days!
That’s right…ALL DAIRY PRODUCTS FOR 21 DAYS!…
NO DAIRY PRODUCTS MEANS “NO MILK PRODUCTS FROM ANY ANIMAL!”:
CHEESE (OF ANY KIND)
CHEESE (NACHO) FLAVORED CRACKERS, CHIPS, BREADS,
CRÈAM (HALF AND HALF)
FETA CHEESE (FROM ANY ANIMAL)
MILK (non-fat, low fat, whole milk, lactose free, etc)
YOGURT (yes Greek too!)
When you are at home this means just not having all the milk products mentioned above in your house. Just don’t buy them! (SHFL, 89-95). If you have some around pour them on your compost pile, plants, feed some critters, get them out of the house!
If you are on the road this means you:
* Don’t add cheese to your sandwiches, burgers, burritos, tacos, tostadas, salads, hotdogs, etc..
* Don’t use creamy “ranch like” dressings or sauces on anything from a salad to a burger to a pasta.
* Keep the sour cream away.
* Don’t eat the obvious dairy foods like ice cream, shakes, coffee drink ingredients and yes, even yogurt (Greek too!). For some reason people think that yogurt is not a dairy food?!
* Creamy, cheesy, “gooey” sauces and things tend to have dairy in them. AVOID THEM FOR 21 DAYS AT HOME OR ON THE ROAD!
WHY NO DAIRY? In 30 plus years of medical practice I have seen more suffering and adverse health complaints from dairy foods than any other food. I wrote a chapter in my book on dairy (Chapter 9, page 89).
Here is a partial list of symptoms and conditions that can be improved or eliminated with dairy food avoidance:
* Back pain
* Behavior issues
* Bloating, gas
* Chronic cough, morning cough
* Chronic infections of the sinuses, ears and throat
* Constipation (sometimes diarrhea)
* Edema – water retention
* FOGGY BRAIN
* Headaches (migraines)
* Hearing problems in your children (fluid in ears)
* Heartburn (GERD)
* Joint pain (any joint)
* Menstrual cramps
* Nasal congestion
* Puffy hands and fingers
* Sleep apnea
* Stomach pain, cramping
* Upper respiratory phlegm production
* Urinary incontinence
* Water retention
* Weight excess
(NOTE: IF BREATHING PROBLEMS IMPROVE, LIKE ASTHMA, DON’T REINTRODUCE DAIRY FOODS (OR ANY ELIMINATED FOOD) UNLESS UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOUR PHYSICIAN)
YOU CAN HAVE:
* Rice, almond, soy, hemp or other nut milks
* Almond, rice, soy yogurts
* Treats once a week rice, soy, coconut ice creams. CAUTION: Added sugar and fat calories in alternative dairy foods like “ice cream.”
(Treats are for special occasions!).
Still love your dairy? Watch my other videos on dairy product avoidance.
Take the “Ain’t Got Milk” Challenge – Why No Dairy!
Ain’t Got Milk Challenge “II”
Sleep Apnea, Milk Products and ‘Allergic Load’
NOTE: The reason you may be so “addicted” to cheese is because cheese has the highest content of the milk protein casein which is converted in the gut to opioid compounds called “casomorphins,” which can increase your desire for cheese. It takes about 3 weeks for cheese cravings to go…So….”Hang in there!”
Watch this video if addicted to cheese! (or know someone who is!):
Cheese Addiction! How To Beat It…Why You Should!
Be Sure to Watch Today’s Videos!
Be and Stay Well,