Day 17 – “Healthy Living” Tip
Nuts and Seeds are Good for You!
Watch This Video (5:54 minutes). Then Read This Message!
***Eating a small amount of nuts and seeds daily is a good thing!…
If you are traveling nuts and seeds can be found just about anywhere – airports, train terminals, hotels, convenience stores, vending machines, etc.. You can keep them in your luggage, bring them on planes and keep them in your car. And, they are easy to eat anywhere and help curb your hunger.
Ideally when you eat nuts and seeds they are raw, not roasted and salted too heavily, if at all. You just have to be careful you don’t eat “bags fulls” from stress or boredom (SHFL,147-148).
1. Eat 1-2 palm full’s of nuts or seeds daily. If lean and very physically active you can eat more.
2. Raw and unsalted are best.
3. When making a smoothie put nuts/seeds in first, right on the blade. They blend better.
4. Nut and seeds can be sprinkled on salads, blended into soups and sprinkled on top of any dish.
5. They can be “toasted” lightly in a pan for texture and flavor.
6. The good fats in nuts/seeds are protected from damage while in the shell. Unshelled they should be refrigerated or frozen, until being ready to eat.
7. Nuts and seeds come with excellent fiber, protein and good fats generally.
8. Nuts and seeds may reduce heart disease risk and help with weight maintenance, especially when replacing meat, and they help you feel full.
9. Nuts and seeds are a good snack if not roasted and salted to heavily, and, you don’t eat “buckets” full. A couple of palm full’s daily is fine.
10. Consuming nuts and seeds can help with the absorption of fat soluble vitamins and nutrients (vitamin A, D, E, K, beta-carotene, lycopene, etc…)
11. You can make a “nut mylk” by taking 1 part nuts; put them on a ‘strong’ blender blade; then add 5 parts water and blend. To sweeten you can add a date or two. You may add vanilla for extra taste.
12. Nuts can be made into a “Crème”. Cashews are especially good for this. Add 1 part water to 1 part nuts and blend in a very strong blender. Can add dates to sweeten.
13. Nuts and seeds are good and quick between meal snacks.
Be Sure to Watch Today’s Video!
Be and Stay Well,