Diabetes Reversal Program & Resources
Books to Read
Podcasts with Physicians and Researchers on Diabetes Reversal
Reversing Your Diabetes…The Mastering Diabetes Retreat and Coaching Program – An Interview with Robby Barbaro and Cyrus Khambatta, PhD
Coaching Programs on Reversing Diabetes,
Prediabetes and Insulin Resistance
How to Start A Plant-Based Diet That Can Reverse Diabetes
- Plant Pure Nation Jump Start Kits
- The Plant-Based Diet – A Healthier Way to Eat (Kaiser Permenante)
- Plant-Base Nutrition Quick Start Guide
- Forks Over Knives Plan
- Vegetarian Starter Kit
- Forks Over Knives Meal Planner
Whole Food Plant-Based Meals Delivered to Your Door
- 22 Days Nutrition 800-822-9080
- Veestro 855-434-8988
- PlantPureNation 704-271-9906
- Purple Carrot 857-703-8188
Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes
- Whole-Food Plant-Based Recipes – T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies (FREE)
- Forks Over Knives Recipes (FREE)
Whole Food Plant-Based Cooking Courses Online
App to Find Plant-Based Restaurants Around the World
Whole-Food Plant Based Immersion Programs
Websites to Visit
- Mangomannutrition.com and MasteringDiabetes.org
- Dr. McDougal’s Health and Medical Center
- Dr. Neal Barnard – Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine PCRM.org
- Joel Fuhrman MD’s 20 Day Transformation Diabetes Program
- Forks Over Knives
- Plant Pure Nation
- The Plantrician Project
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
Videos To Watch On Diabetes,
Chronic Disease and Health Aspects
of Eating A More Plant-Based Diet
- How You Reverse Insulin Resistance (and Diabetes) Rapidly with A Low-Fat, Plant-Based Diet
- Forks Over Knives (96 min)
- PlantPure Nation (96 min)
- Healthy Lifestyle and Diet (mostly plants) and Okinawan Longevity (3:00 min)
- It’s Your Lifestyle Not Your Genes That Protect You From Chronic Diseases (Heart Disease, Diabetes, Obesity, Alzheimer’s, etc.) – The Okinawan Paradox (3:44)
Quick Start for Diabetes Reversal
- Get FREE plant-based recipes Here and Here
- Order plant based meals shipped to you! It’s as simple as 1 2, 3, 4 !
- Click on each starter kit below and see which one resonates with you and follow it to get started today!: Plant Pure Nation Jump Start Kits
Joel Fuhrman MD’s 20 Day Transformation Diabetes Program Plant-Based Diet – A Healthier Way to Eat (Kaiser Permenante) Vegetarian Starter Kit Plant-Based Nutrition Quick Start Guide
- Eat out at and have a plant-based meal once or twice this week if desired. HappyCow – Mobile Apps net
- Get a cook book with recipes you like The China Study Cookbook: Over 120 Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes by LeAnne Campbell, PhD or Forks Over Knives Cookbook and Plan
- Take an online plant-based cooking course: Culinary-Rx.com or Forks Over Knives Online Cooking Course
- Shop for and eat whole plant food only – vegetables (starchy and non-starchy), fruit, whole “intact” grains, beans/legumes, nuts and seeds (no dairy, eggs, poultry, meat, fish) or add only 1 palm full or less of animal food per day to your whole food plant-based diet for 1 month as you make your transition to a diabetes reversal diet of only whole, unprocessed, no oil added, plant foods.
- Avoid adding oils or consuming processed foods with added oils to them (you may use 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil daily for 1 month as you move towards a total diabetes reversal diet then go on no added oils).
- Avoid processed foods in general, especially processed grains or carbohydrates (baked goods, crackers, chips, muffins, breads). Eat whole grains in their cooked whole “intact” state and eat them “in a bowl.”
- Eat 1/2 – 1 cup of cooked beans daily (can get precooked in a can)
- Nuts/seeds – 1 palm full per day raw.
- Good fats IN FOODS can be consumed daily – avocados (1/2 avocado), raw nuts (< palm full) and seeds, olives, greens, 2-3 tablespoons of flax seed or chia seeds daily is encouraged. (If you want to reduce insulin resistance quick hold the nuts and avocados until your blood sugar starts to drop).
- Have a large green salad daily and/or 75% packed greens/ 25% fruit smoothie with ¼ cup flax seed or chia, water to fruit line at least and bend, and/or, steamed or lightly cooked/boiled vegetables (5-6 cups per day at least).
- 3 or more whole fruits per day – 1 serving or half cup at least is berries daily.
- You are encouraged to use as many different herbs and spices as you desire. If you have high blood pressure don’t add salt.
- Or do “Kirk’s 21 Day Healthy Living Program” – 1 month (or less) to transition to a whole food plant-based diet – START HERE)
For personal coaching sessions with Kirk Hamilton PA-C on applying a Diabetes Reversal Program Click Here